Cameron Elementary School is proud to be a Capturing Kids’ Hearts school. As a Capturing Kids Hearts school, we believe that building strong relationships with students is fundamental to their academic success. Creating a positive environment and teaching students ways to positively interact with one another are important components to a CKH school. As a school, we have implemented the following practices to build positive environments within our classrooms and on our campus:
- Personally greeting each student at the door.
- Beginning each class with Good Things, where students are given opportunities to share positive things and experiences.
- Building Social Contracts with students in each classroom and holding students accountable if the contract is not followed.
- Teaching students how to give positive affirmations to others.
- Helping students learn communication and leadership skills.
- Ending each class with a Launch, including a review of the day and a positive message.