What is the Dress Code at Cameron?
In accordance with our school’s goals, to promote high expectations of academic achievement, and to make Cameron School a positive learning climate, we are asking that you ensure that your child is wearing the following adopted dress code. Research supports that with a reasonable dress code, students are engaged in serious academic work right from the start.
Please help us maintain a positive learning environment by purchasing the appropriate clothing when shopping. The consequences for not being in the proper dress code will be as follows. Your child will be given two warning notes for being out of compliance and will be asked to turn a non-school logo shirt inside out. Finally, with the third offense you will be asked to bring a change of clothes to school.
THE DAILY APPROVED UNIFORM FOR CAMERON SCHOOL IS:
- Shirts/Blouses: Any solid color (no stripes/patterns/graphics/words) shirt, such as a polo, button-down or turtleneck is acceptable. The shirt/blouse must cover the student’s midriff even when the arms are raised. All shirts must have a collar. School Logo T-shirts and 100 Mile Club T-shirts are acceptable any day. Solid colored or school logo sweatshirts are always acceptable.
- Pants, Shorts, Skorts, Skirts, Jumpers: The following colors are acceptable - Navy, denim, khaki, olive, gray, or black, or plain colored jeans. Pants/shorts must not be torn or have frayed edges. Yoga/spandex pants are not allowed. Solid colored leggings may be worn under skirts, skorts, or shorts in the above approved colors.
- Hats/Beanies: Only solid colored hats may be worn during recess time to keep sun off their faces. Solid colored beanies may be worn outside during cold months.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE NOT ACCEPTED:
- Haircuts that distract from student learning - Mohawks, dyed hair, initialed hair or other extreme haircuts. Face piercings of any kind.
- Baggy, torn, over-sized clothing
- Open-toed shoes, shoes with lights/wheels
- Tank tops, crop tops/midriff tops
- Shirts advertising tobacco, alcohol, weapons, etc.
- Tops/Bottoms that are see through
- Shorts that are shorter than fingertip length
- Distracting/Dangling jewelry or hair accessories (e.g. headbands with ears, spikes, etc.)
- Tattoos (real or fake) or Make up of any kind
During the winter and wet months, students may wear solid colored sweatpants in the regular pant colors as long as they are not over-sized.
If you need help in attaining the appropriate clothing, the school office staff can help with “Operation School Bell’. Operation School Bell provides two complete outfits, including the shoes. Studies show that when we are “dressed for success” for work or school our performance level is higher. We appreciate your support of our school dress code policy. We look forward to a very productive year, and remember our doors are always open to help you in any way we can to make sure your child succeeds. Thank you for your support.